Safety is our number one priority on all jobs we undertake.
We are committed to proactively managing safety and the risks associated with our operations. We support the achievement of our strategic and operational objectives by maximising our opportunities in achieving a zero harm work environment for our employees, contractors and visitors.
We are committed to:
- Creating a culture where good safety management principles are embedded as an integral part of our business practice and decision-making.
- Ensure our people are adequately trained and equipped to be accountable and responsible for the management and reporting of risk and are actively involved in risk management activities.
- Endeavour to fully understand risks that are material to our business and ensure they are managed proactively by those in the organisation best able to deal with them.
- Actively monitor safety performance through reporting to provide insight, accountability, and a trigger for escalation of significant risk issues.
- Continually improve the effectiveness of our management of safety through consistent use of language and risk scales across our organisation to enable prioritisation and comparison of potential harm arising from different functional areas.
- Complying with all relevant laws and regulations and where practicable, industry codes of practice, standards and other relevant requirements.
Our organisation constantly strives to achieve safety best practice through adherence to a work, health and safety management systems, while retaining an adaptive approach that evolves to meet the needs of our organisation. The key strategies to achieving the safety vision include:
- Integrating risk management principles in all core delivery activities, including the prevention of damage to the environment.
- Regular reviews of our objectives and targets to promote process improvement.
- Ensuring incidents are investigated and the effectiveness of corrective actions reviewed
- Actively respond to all incidents, ensuring timely and effective injury management that facilitates timely and sustainable return to pre-injury duties.
- Improving our standards of incident management, investigation and communication across our organisation.